6.21.2008

Theatre around Brisbane

Responses are invited from all those who are lucky enough to see some live theatre during the year.

Check out what is on by looking at the following theatre venues.

La Boite
Roundhouse Theatre
Qld Theatre Company/Billie Brown Studio
Brisbane Powerhouse
The Arts Theatre
Nash Theatre
QUT Gardens Theatre
The Loft - QUT Creative Industries
Lyric Theatre
Metro Arts
Twelfth Night Theatre
Centenary Theatre Group
Samford Theatre Group
Harvest Rain Theatre Company
You might consider some volunteer work - Harvest Rain needs “vollies” - for Set Construction, Set Painting, Costume making, Make-up, Stage crew, Lighting, Sound and Ushering, register your details with the company.

Backbone Youth Arts is for 9 to 26 year olds who are interested in drama and performance. Members work with leading industry professionals to develop skills in performance, stage productions and events. There are a wide range of workshops to choose from with small classes ensuring the best experience for everyone involved.
Backbone Youth Art Workshops


Post your theatre reviews here during the year
.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A few nights ago, I saw a production at the Cement Box Theatre, UQ St Lucia. It was a musical called "Scissors, Paper, Rock!". Its technically just Dodgeball with a different sport, a musical number, and a few over-the-top commentators.

When I first heard the name I didn't know what to expect. What is the point of a production called "Scissors, Paper, Rock!"? To my utter amazement, it was one of the best productions I had ever seen.

Some of the actors in this production were only a few years older than myself, but they were amazing. Some took acting to a whole new level and you felt like they were actually a real person. Also, when you were watching the musical, you didn't know what to expect. It was one of those productions were you wouldn't know what would come next. I also felt like I wanted to jump up and join them because they were having some much fun.

I would highly recommend this musical as you feel alive while watching it, and you can also have a good laugh. They put a lot of effort into the production, and the outcome was tremendous. I give it 5 stars and for sure, I would go watch it again.

Anonymous said...

Tonight I saw ALICE 21 which is part of the Brisbane festival. Bec wanted to go so I thought I'll just tag along and plus it only went for an hour. But to my surprise after a weird start we both could relate to it . From a mothers point of view and a teenage daughter's point of view, we both really enjoyed it and seemed to like the same good bits as we walked back to the car. The mother character was excellent I couldn't hear enough of"OFF WITH HIS HEAD". I liked the singing also . The story was very entertaining and easy to follow after the start. Bec said the same and after awhile she got it. Very good and would recommend it to all.

Anonymous said...

Watched a wonderful show with your very own Mrs Costigan starring as always and having the time of her life doing what she enjoys.Me and My Girl was very entertaining and the storyline was great. My favourite actor was the lawyer(sorry Mrs C) He threw himself into the part and he just stood out to me.All the cast showed a great passion and I could tell the whole of Prima Productions seem like one big happy family of entertainers.